[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

Dagon Gmail dagonweb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:47:50 UTC 2007

The immense difficulty of creating an industry in near-space,
with development of lunar or NEAR asteroid ores, as well as
harvesting solar energy is so incredibly disheartening it gives
me a nauseous feeling. My gut is telling me things are going
all wrong.

It is all but certain that we will need to take this step, barring
a Kurzweilean quantum leap in AI/Nanotech/longevity advances.
I am concerned to rely in my expectations on any singularities,
it would be just too convenient. I really want to see industry
and accompanying economical growth start real fast, as I
am really starting to get nervous about the Peak Oil issue.