[ExI] abandoning hope

Spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 29 00:44:51 UTC 2007

>LASCIATE OGNE SPERANZA, VOI CH'INTRATE

I consulted the ultimate authority, Babel fish, which translates thus:

"LEFT OGNE HOPE, YOU CH'INTRATE"

I don't know what is a chintrate, but it sure sounds like an insult.  You
can almost imagine the old devil lining up the novitiates, barking out like
a marine sergeant from... where else? Bellowing something like:

Listen up, you buncha verminous chintrates!  You can just FORGET getting any
OGNE down here, oral or otherwise!  Just abandon that notion right now,
because from now YOUR asses are MINE!

Oh man, I am such a geezer, I feel like a veritable Luddite.  I never even
owned a cell phone until 2006 when the baby was on the way and to this day I
am embarrassed to confess I have never even held a blackberry in my aging
hands.  And now that cell phone (which made me feel temporarily like a
techno-hipster) is already called by the young hipsters such as the
Griggmeister a "non-blackberry cell phone."  I don't even know how one sends
a message with such a device other than to actually speak into it.  I might
as well just go right on down to Alcor, hand them a credit card and climb
into the dewar.