[ExI] Change of thought (was Just curious, it's not natural!)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 05:21:09 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike
>

> >...    Outside of San Francisco, gays tend to
> > deal with quite a bit of shit that Io wouldn't be willing to choose
> > for a paycheck down the road.
>

> Ja, I do forget that at times, being a San Francisco area resident for
> most
> of my adult life.  Around here one can be perfectly OK with gays, even
> cheer
> them on, yet still be considered politically far to the right.  {8^D
>
> spike

Upon reading my own comment, I realize it is an understatement.  In the
Santa Clara valley, anyone who firmly believes that tax cuts are the answer
to most social ills, and believes that all citizens besides felons should
own guns is pretty much automatically considered right wing.  Under those
definitions probably most of us here would get that label, regardless of how
socially libertarian we might be.