[ExI] Change of thought (was Just curious, it's not natural!)

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:51:12 UTC 2007

> Upon reading my own comment, I realize it is an understatement.  In the
> Santa Clara valley, anyone who firmly believes that tax cuts are the answer
> to most social ills, and believes that all citizens besides felons should
> own guns is pretty much automatically considered right wing.  Under those
> definitions probably most of us here would get that label, regardless of how
> socially libertarian we might be.
>
> spike

Isn't that what people normally consider to be right wing? I know an
Australian would consider that to be a right wing position.

There might be a slight disconnect there actually - would I be right
in assuming that right wing in the US very strongly implies the idea
of legislating private morality, as would be the case with the
christian right? Here, I think we don't have so much of that
represented in our political spectrum (the christian right isn't much
of a force, more of a lunatic fringe), our main parties behave a lot
more like your neocons.

Emlyn

--
Human female: "And so with two weeks left in the campaign, the question
on everyone's mind is, who will be the president of Earth?