[ExI] bees again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:29:17 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the hummingbird moth (whose caterpillar this is) is cool too, so I'm
> in a quandry.

This year seems to have produced more caterpillar "nests" than I ever
remember.  Since they seem to be constructed on the ends of tree
branches and are whispy around a crudely spherical nest, I imagine
they have contributed to a few ghost stories by the less-observant
traveller being afraid of them on a moonlit night.  This year though,
it seems they number more than 5 times what I saw last year.

Also, this seemed noteworthy:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/30/spider.web.ap/