[ExI] bees again

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri Sep 7 11:54:04 UTC 2007

> This year seems to have produced more caterpillar "nests" than I ever
> remember.  Since they seem to be constructed on the ends of tree
> branches and are whispy around a crudely spherical nest, I imagine
> they have contributed to a few ghost stories by the less-observant
> traveller being afraid of them on a moonlit night.  This year though,
> it seems they number more than 5 times what I saw last year.

Ha! That's what *I* thought too, but most everybody I've said anything to looks at
me like I've been blind all my life. "These are "bag worms" and they're here every
autumn."

Well sure. But *I* have never seen so many. Apparently you and I are a minority.

> Also, this seemed noteworthy:
> http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/30/spider.web.ap/

Yes, that was cool, but it mostly blew away in the recent storms they had. My
understanding is the spiders are busy building new webs.  :)

Even though all those legs make my skin crawl, spiders are cool. :) I try my best to
rescue them from inside my house and carry them out to where they'll surely be more
comfortable.

Regards,
MB