[ExI] reconnect

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 9 04:23:05 UTC 2007

Hi Keith,

I would ask if you are doing well but that would be
rather dubious of me.  I have a friend that is in jail
in Montreal that is facing extradition to California.
I hear that there is no comparison between a Montreal
jail and a California prison.  Already I feel his pain
as I wonder how the law seems unjust and cruel.  Like
many, he is no saint but the games played by the law
are a lot more cynical than I once was led to believe.
 I fear if sent to California he will never be the
same.

I don't know if you are aware but when I heard your
story about Scientology I went out of my way to
research what I could find.  It takes courage to stand
up to a Goliath especially one as big as Scientology.
I don't promote memes that make people pay to enhance
there spirituality, there is a huge difference between
an offering and a payment.  I wonder why they don't
describe it as a club rather than a religion as I have
always believed that memes are to be used as a source
of inspiration for the rational.  I see nothing
rational in making people pay to make feel that they
are enlightened.

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com Sat Sep 8 06:07:59 UTC
2007 wrote:

>Was working on a way (space elevators) to get the
>world out of bleak future mode, but probably will
>not go back to working on that. The other way to
>deal with the world's problems is gigadeath. Not
>going to oppose that, writing a novel instead where
>the president makes a decision so awful that he
>takes a drug to wipe out his last 12 hours of
>memory. Kind of ultimate denial.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be working on your
ideas concerning space elevators. I always enjoyed
listening to your thoughts as well as reading your
science fiction.

>If someone wants to create an unfriendly AI, that's
>ok too. The vast majority of people are not worth
>saving.

I think that's a strong statement coming from someone
that has just experienced what you have.  I don't
agree but then again I didn't spend the last four
months in a prison cell.  As I can only understand but
a mere glimpse of what you have been through, I hope
that in time, this will not be your final belief.

I don't know if your aware but I think many thought of
you, i'm happy to hear you are all right.

Anna:)

Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a
man does with what happens to him
Aldous Huxley