[ExI] Amazon's Mechanical Turk, and the REST...

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 02:30:51 UTC 2007

On 13/09/2007, Brian Atkins <brian at posthuman.com> wrote:
> Emlyn wrote:
> > I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this before... I just
> > stumbled across it because they used it in the search for Steve
> > Fossett:
> >

> Read transhumantech - it was mentioned there back in November 2005 :-)
> --
> Brian Atkins
> Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
> http://www.singinst.org/

I do read transhumantech in fact (ok, lightly skim). Searched my gmail
but didn't come up with any references. I did kinda suppose that it
might have shown up before (everything has shown up before it seems
:-) ), but it's good enough to rate a new mention imo.

Also, I forgot to point out this:

-------------

AWS Start-Up Challenge

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=377634011

Attention: Start-Ups and Entrepreneurs!

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is searching for the next hot start-up that
is leveraging AWS to build its infrastructure and business.

Do you have a great idea or an existing application that uses services
from AWS? Enter the AWS Start-Up Challenge to win $100,000 in cash and
AWS credits, and receive an investment offer from Amazon.

It seems like a lot of work for a small startup cheque, but still.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com