[ExI] Wolf (Was: Fascist America, in 10 Easy Steps)

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sat Sep 29 17:17:39 UTC 2007

From: "Natasha Vita-More" <natasha at natasha.cc>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 8:24 AM

> Is an author's background of consequence and worth investigating when
> critiquing his/her writings?

Oh, no ... mostly the author's thinking, viewpoint, innovation (and to some
extent - objectivity) on issues.

For example, three of my personal favorite historical figures (although I
have other favorites) - Thomas Paine, Frederick Douglass, and Ida B. Wells -
came from failed and/or humble circumstances, and yet through their writings
and activism ... were able to contribute to social progress (and in much
more restrictive social circumstances than we are used to these days).

Olga