[ExI] Fascist America, in 10 Easy Steps

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Sep 30 05:15:06 UTC 2007

At 05:00 PM 9/29/2007, Olga wrote:

>From: Natasha Vita-More
>
> > I think The End of America (Wolf 2007) is playing off The End of History
> > (Fukuyama 2006).  I also think that Wolf is running in a pack with others
> > (Moore (Sicko), Gore (An Inconvenient Truth) who are marketing their ideas
> > by emphasizing big implications.
>
>And "marketing" is the operative word.  I agree with this.
>
> > Here is the issue:  Are American's critically minded enough to discern
> > accuracy from hedging?  If "we" are foolish enough not to know that
> > America has become a fascist country, then are "we" not foolish enough to
> > be fooled into believing anything that gets promoted?
>
>"We" do seem to be that foolish enough.

This is an instance where a pronoun does a disservice.  Isn't if
simply awful to included in this type of  "we"?

Time for Extropy and the forces of critical thinking.

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
PhD Candidate, Planetary Collegium -University of Plymouth - Faculty
of Technology,
School of Computing, Communications and Electronics, Centre for
Advanced Inquiry in the Interactive Arts

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller