[ExI] New Hope for Alzheimer's Disease Vaccine

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 13:56:57 UTC 2008

This article was surprisingly downbeat because the vaccine did not repair
the preexisting damage done by the disease.

But if the vaccine was given to the population at adulthood and stopped the
disease from forming in the first place it would prevent any damage from
occurring.

Assuming there are not a lot of people in the general population harmed by
allergic reactions to the vaccine or other unforeseen side effects, I would
see this as the greatest medical breakthrough of this century!

And just in time to prevent an horde of senile baby boomers large enough to
finish bankrupting this once great nation!

Where do I line up?  Let the human trials begin!

This is one vaccine that the FDA should definitely streamline the testing
process for.  Maybe not for the general population but at least for people
at the age group where serious plaque buildup begins and who are genetically
at high risk due to a family history of the disease.  I think anyone who has
gone through watching a parent or grandparent deteriorate and die from this
disease should be allowed to take the risk on the vaccine to protect
themselves!

http://today.uci.edu/news/release_detail.asp?key=1755