[ExI] Behavioral Screeners

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:06:13 UTC 2008

On 07/04/2008, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>  Actually I haven't trusted that book since the Rev. Jeremiah Wright uttered
>  the comment:
>
>  "...God DAMN America!  That's in the bible!..."
>
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPR5jnjtLo
>
>  I consulted the online bible concordance for "God DAMN America" but no hits.
>  Then I entered just America, no hits.  God damn and goddamn, no hits and no
>  hits.  But if Rev. Wright says it's in there, I will take his word for it,
>  for he sounded so very sincere and scholarly, and his congregation is very
>  supportive (but note the lady in the choir just to his left.  {8^D  Her body
>  language seems to be saying "Did I really hear what I just heard?")  Perhaps
>  the concordance writers missed it somehow.

It's not in the Bible, but the Reverend in his diatribe is taking the
popular view that the Bible condemns all acts which the average human
being would call "evil". This isn't actually true: as a literary
character, the Biblical God is by civilised human standards at least
as evil as any other fictional villain.

--
Stathis Papaioannou