[ExI] Health system, again

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 07:20:43 UTC 2008

On 19/04/2008, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

>  > And I suspect that private enterprise
>  > corruption and inefficiency is directly proportional to government
>  > corruption and inefficiency.
>
> Government officials are somehow less prone to corruption?

No, my point was that corruption and inefficiency in private
enterprise (businesses ripping off customers, employees ripping off
customers and employers) is probably proportional to corruption and
inefficiency in government in a given country.

>  > Do you think the Danish Government is
>  > more likely to rip you off than a private firm (the only sort) in
>  > Somalia, the libertarian paradise?
>
> Somalia is nobody's paradise and I refuse to converse would someone
>  who would make such denigrating remarks.

This article from the Ludwig von Mises Institute website ("Advancing
the scholarship of liberty in the tradition of the Austrian School")
would disagree with you:

http://www.mises.org/story/2066

--
Stathis Papaioannou