[ExI] Health system, again

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Apr 19 09:12:05 UTC 2008

On Apr 19, 2008, at 12:20 AM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

>>> Do you think the Danish Government is
>>> more likely to rip you off than a private firm (the only sort) in
>>> Somalia, the libertarian paradise?
>>
>> Somalia is nobody's paradise and I refuse to converse would someone
>> who would make such denigrating remarks.
>
> This article from the Ludwig von Mises Institute website ("Advancing
> the scholarship of liberty in the tradition of the Austrian School")
> would disagree with you:
>
> http://www.mises.org/story/2066

Whoa.  I stand corrected.  It looks like an interesting place.   Since
the Danish government would tax me very hard I would bet that the
amount loss to taxes would greatly exceed the amount any private firms
in Somalia could rip me off for.   And the private firms could be
taken to court where most governments generally cannot be successfully
sued.

- samantha