[ExI] Global Temperatures to Decrease

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Apr 19 07:54:04 UTC 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 8:30 PM, Bryan Bishop wrote:

> On Thursday 17 April 2008, Damien Broderick wrote:
>> Yayyy! All that bullshit "global warming" panic is over!
>
> Rant [not specifically re: above]:
>
> It is irresponsible for anybody to view news about global warming
> without specifically coming up with a plan of action to deal with the
> situation,

It is irresponsible to not first and foremost come to a reasonably
well-supported understanding of whether there is a "situation" that
needs to be dealt with, what the situation is, and how critical it
is.  Being stampeded is not conducive to optimal decision making.

> whether you want to reduce the global average temperature
> dx

Nope, not when we may be headed for another little ice age.

> , or if you want to promote space habitats for humans,

Yes, but for other reasons.

> or if you want
> to do bioconservation, whatever. Just linking to news and promoting
> hype isn't really helping the situation: if it's really all that
> serious, then hell, start generating ideas, it's your env too. :)

Global warming doesn't appear to me to be real enough to be a serious
threat.   The tremendous global warming hype is a credible threat
though.   Soaring energy cost and possible energy wars in the near
future are a real threat.

- samantha