[ExI] Not Immoral to Want to Be Immortal

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 02:31:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Well, dayum!  An article (masticated for the masses) somewhat sympathetic to
>  longevity / immortalism has hit the cyberstands.
>
>  "Fears of a world of geezers who hog up all the resources are overblown":
>
>  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23562623/

### Sympathetic? No, it's more like an immortalist manifesto! Caplan
is one of those uncommon people who can change their minds. I remember
emailing with him right after Dolly was cloned, and at that time he
was rather stoutly against it. He changed his mind, publicly, which
says a lot. The article is about as radically pro life-extension as
you can get without whipping out your Alcor bracelet.

Rafal