[ExI] Not Immoral to Want to Be Immortal

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Apr 26 04:27:52 UTC 2008

> Rafal Smigrodzki
> >Olga wrote:  "Fears of a world of geezers who hog up all the resources
> are overblown":
> >
> >  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23562623/
> >
> ### ...The article is about as radically pro life-extension as you can get
without
> whipping out your Alcor bracelet... Rafal

I particularly liked this comment:

"...opinion pieces about the prospect of people hanging around long, long
after the last broadcast of "The Price Is Right" has aired, which could be
an eternity..."

Which makes one wonder, what if The Price is Right is still around as we
approach the singularity.  Does the prevailing singularity theory predict a
runaway inflation right before a singularity?  Does currency become
meaningless?  Does it remain stable just before, since few anticipate or
even understand what is happening at the time?  Is there such a thing as
prevailing singularity theory?

Interesting that I have been reading ExI-chat for well over a decade and SL4
for a long time but still can't give convincing answers to these questions.