[ExI] "general repudiation of Transhumanism"

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 28 05:21:20 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 4/28/08, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Why are you asking *me*?

Well, are you Transhuman? ist? ism? Extropy? ist? ism?

>I'm not one of the religious who (for example) mock the technological >singularity

I don't mock singularity..i'm just not clear of it's description.

>because  it isallegedly a "Rapture for geeks", or who claim that a desire >to prevent aging and death is just a laughable form of religion

No..but can it get anymore complicated:) Didn't anybody try to discover simple terms:)

(like
> Scientology or the Raelian UFO cult)--rather than what it is, a practical
> research program based on our swiftly growing understanding of
> biology and information.

Scientology within history is such a miniscule behavior that it seems irrelevant compared to past culture behavior.

Anna:)