[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:24:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:51 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Quote:
>  Authorities believe that of the 53 girls aged between 14 and 17, 29
>  are already mothers and two are pregnant.
>  "It shows you a pretty distinct pattern, that it was pretty
>  pervasive," said Darrell Azar, a spokesman for the Texas Child
>  Protective Services.

### Where is the proof of abuse? Where is the testimony of victims
attesting to their abuse?
----------------------

>  There was physical violence to children going on in that compound. But
>  it is a serious weakness in your libertarian extremist views if you
>  say that *physical* violence is the only violence that matters.

### Aha, so now there is something like "non-physical violence".
What's next, "meatless chickens"?

Being very precise about what I call violence is not my moral
weakness, it's a strength. It does not let me deceive myself into
advocating violence without a really good reason. I won't ever suggest
using armed troopers to punish helmet-less bikers (as one commie I
know suggested), or to send UN troops to Thailand to prevent Thai
prostitutes from selling sex to American johns (as another commie
wanted). I won't so easily talk myself into transgressing against
reciprocity, into busting down doors and breaking up families that
don't fit my pet notions of how a family should work. Violence is
physical by definition.

Obviously, violence is not the only thing that matters. There is also
deception, manipulation, lies, as well as stupidity, confusion,
religion. But by reciprocity, *only* violence, only a physical attack
or a threat thereof, allow a physical, violent response. However
sleazy and revolting somebody may appear to you, he must be
untouchable, unless he commits violence first.

To allow yourself more leeway in naming and therefore in using
violence only guarantees useless, stupid and wasteful strife, or in
other words, business as usual.

Rafal