[ExI] Got blog!

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 13:03:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I stopped working full time about a year and a half ago, and it's
> taken me this long to adjust. Phew! But adjust I have, and now it's
> time to do something really productive with that time.
>
> But better than doing something would be to blather on about stuff at
> great length, so I've decided to do that.
>
> I've kicked off three new blogs, as follows:
>
> "point7" (http://point7.wordpress.com) is a serious blog that my wife
> Jodie and I are writing together, on downshifting, materialism, and
> maybe the possibility of finding an authentic life. The title refers
> to my shift to 0.7 of full time work hours. This blog is where I'm at
> my most hardcore, and will probably irritate capitalism enthusiasts.

Emlyn, GREAT blog. I am really enjoying it, keep posting.

I agree with mostly everything. I would love to downshift, but there
are those bills to pay, not cheap. I run my own small company, work 16
hours a day, earn less than half I used to earn in my previous life,
but nothing could persuade me to go back to that pile of shit.

> "Speaking of Freedom - Great speeches of our time"
> (http://speakingoffreedom.blogspot.com) is a video feed blog, strictly
> for talks and speeches loosely about freedom and creativity in the
> internet connected world. Very specific, but I do run across these
> things, often long and excellent. It might become a miro channel if
> things work out, but in any case you can subscribe to the cast at
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/SpeakingOfFreedom. I actually created it
> as a channel for myself, because I like a place to put these kinds of
> talks so I can watch them at my leisure, but you might find it
> interesting too.
>
> "Actualizer" (http://actualizer.wordpress.com) is a link blog of stuff
> of interest to people who do stuff, culled from the zillions of lists
> and feeds and nonsense that I subscribe to in this eWorld. Curt
> descriptions, interesting links.
>
> Hopefully these are of interest to some of you.
>
> Also, as mentioned above I subscribe to a lot of lists and feeds and
> so forth, but I always want more. Who's got blog? Or got
> recommendations?

My blogs:
http://transumanar.com/
http://metaxlr8.net/