[ExI] VP for Creationism

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 16:09:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:
> Fun times for science (but then what's new--didn't Bush say the same
> thing?):

<snip>
> "My dad did talk a lot about his theories of evolution," she said. "He would
> show us fossils and say, 'How old do you think these are?' "
>
> Asked for her personal views on evolution, Palin said, "I believe we have a
> creator."
> She would not say whether her belief also allowed her to accept the theory
> of evolution as fact.

If you are a politician in the US seeking votes and 75% of adult
Americans believe in Creationism then obviously you don't tell them
they are talking bollocks. That would be electoral suicide.

She knows very well that Evolution is a fact. She just doesn't want to
offend the believers.

After she is elected she might try to shift the education system
towards teaching a future generation about evolution.

(She might not, of course, if she feels she needs the continuing
support and finance of believers).

BillK