[ExI] Obama Transition Team Examining Space Solar Power

Kevin H kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 10:54:56 UTC 2008

Ben, I think one way to evaluate this is to compare this with SPS's on a
technology readiness scale (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_Readiness_Level).  I think that's
what a lot of these discussions come to.  You're not going to convince
anyone with a sound theory without a demonstration first.  I'd put space
solar power at a level 5.  I think all of the components have been
demonstrated to work in relevant environments, but it's still lacking a
working prototype.  Is there a prototype Polywell reactor?

*Kevin*