[ExI] Fusion (was Obama Transition Team Examining Space SolarPower)

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 30 05:06:59 UTC 2008

"Stefano Vaj" <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>

> My feasibility concerns have more to do with
> the growing "cultural"  and systemic inability
> of our societies to invest in long-term,
>  large-scale projects.

I have no problem with large scale projects, but as for long term I think
it's pointless to worry about problems that won't become serious
(if they ever really do) for a decade or more. The reason is that our
power to accurately predict problems further ahead than 10 years is
pretty poor and our ability to come up with solutions is even worse.
That's why I get impatient with the global warming hand wringers.

 John K Clark