[ExI] recent Doctor Who

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 06:21:45 UTC 2008

2008/12/31 Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>:
> At 08:33 PM 12/30/2008 -0700, John Grigg wrote:
>
>> I'm curious what episodes of Dr. Who emotionally affected you?  I guess
>> I've gotten hardened since none of the eps I've seen so far have choked me
>> up.
>
> I watched them in a deluge, so the details are hazy. Some affecting eps were
>
> "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances", "School Reunion," "The Girl in
> the Fireplace" especially, "Doomsday" (in between the infantile baddies),
> "Blink". Probably others, and most of the above only at moments, but hey,
> how many STAR TREK eps can one say even that of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_(TNG_episode)

but yeah, the new Doctor Who, very cool. I actually like the retro
baddies, but that's just me.

There is a luddite feel to the themes; hamfisted anti immortality
crap, to be sure, except the doctor of course.

I often feel like the stories have been written by authors who don't
actually like sci-fi, and aren't writing sci-fi, kind of anti tech
people, and they've just been dressed in sci fi clothing at the last
moment.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com - my home