[ExI] EidolonTLP

Antonio Marcos amcmr2003 at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jan 25 06:00:20 UTC 2008

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> escreveu:

> I haven't watched the vid and I don't know your
> idea, but a
> well-articulated motive for using twin AIs as a
> means of developing
> consciousness

I dont know about consciousness, but to provide a
comparable input to the AI as it evolves..

> was developed by Greg Bear in his
> novel QUEEN OF ANGELS
> back in 1990. When I congratulated Greg on his use
> of ideas from
> cognitive science (partitioned modules, etc), he
> told me he was
> influenced by Jung.

Quite interesting! ill add that to the to-read list :)
As for Jung, I could check my mother's library of
psychology books, but i dont think it would help much
more than reading Linux's OS codes/manuals :)
modularity is the core concept.. i wonder if this is a
requirement for complex systems, if so, how high a
non-modular system can reach before (lets add a limit
here, because of course you could build anything)..
say.. the cost of a modular system that does the same
thing is of the order of 1/10^9.. maybe.

> Damien Broderick

its 4am here(gotta sleep :(), but tomorrow I'll ask a
question for you people about something that concerns
me in the, lets call it, path to (possibly)
singularity.. which is open science.. I know others
have already raised this issue (kurzweil for one,
along with 2 others in a conference, i dont quite
remember now, but will search for tomorrow).. Actually
they even mentioned (the guy from sun microsystems)
calling the guy from apple, and the later saying "how
can i help" (will get more details tomorrow).. which
also generates problems with closing too much and
slowing the process too much..

 But my concern will be more practical and short-term,
for sometime now I had those ideas of making science
like opensource software, recently i discovered some
similar projects popping up.. the efforts are quite
scattered though yet, and not quite what i imagined..
which is easy to fix though, and surely will sooner or
later, but it raises some issues..

see you tomorrow :)

Mark.

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/