[ExI] 08-healthy disability-Longevity Dividend OPED

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 9 07:15:53 UTC 2008

--- On Sun, 6/8/08, Morris Johnson <mfj.eav at gmail.com> mentioned:

>"Health Canada and the FDA argue that ageing is not
> a disease but a natural, unstoppable, inevitable process

I agree.  At this time it is a natural, unstoppable, inevitable process.  There are some things you could read and apply that may prolong your longevity but in the end, at this time, the facts are the facts.

Morris Johnson <mfj.eav at gmail.com wrote:

>I would argue the middle ground, that ageing is a progressive disability >worthy of more than palliation".

I don't think that makes for a very good argument.  Ageing is not a progressive disability unless you believe it. People get old once they start to believe they are old.  The difference lies within the biological body decaying as opposed to the mental belief of the thought.  Someone that is 40 may feel as old as someone that feels 65.  Where lies the distinction?

>For example scientists pushing themselves harder to be smarter are now  >major consumers of Ritalin a drug popularized for hyperactive kids.

That's what we've come to? Believing that some drug makes you smarter?  Doesn't anybody read anymore?  Just because you pop a Ritalin, it won't make you smarter, "education" makes you smarter.  What is education?..Well maybe that should be a different topic.

Anna