[ExI] The Manifesto of Italian Transhumanists

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 13:37:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
>  The token 'dx' refers to a differential, or rate of change. It's
>  basically the limit of the distance between the two points of a secant
>  line as it becomes a tangent line wrt another curve.
>
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differentiation
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rate

Well, certainly that's one meaning.  :)

See: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DX>
I count 16 meanings for dx. Your usage is grouped at the end, under 'Other'.

As readers cannot read minds, cryptic comments in emails are often
difficult to decode for readers who are not familiar with the writer's
normal usage.

Viz. Damien's reference to hungry dieties.  ;)

BillK