[ExI] Neo-fascist transhumanists? WAS: Manifesto of Italian transhumanists

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:23:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 10:40 AM, estropico <estropico at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another few clarifications seem to be necessary to clarify Stefano's
> "accusations".

My only "accusations" concern you deliberate lies and half-truths aimed at
deliberately sabotaging, usually through me, the AIT's action.

> I have never voted for, never mind supported, the Italian politcal
> party called Alleanza  Nazionale
>  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Alliance_%28Italy%29> He also
> referred to the RSI as belonging to the most
> shameful pages of the past, and considered fascism part of an era of
> "absolute evil". Is that why Stefano seems to hate this party so much?
> Does he see them as "traitors"?

"Hate"? I happen to have a small but staunch group of personal fans in this
party (as I do, btw, amongst Italian federalists and some very peculiar
left-wing groups). Their press is wide open to me for whatever I fancy to
contribute and the official party daily newspaper has interviewed me and
published favourable critics of my books.

As a law scholar, to my great surprise, I happen to have been recently
indicated by Alleanza Nazionale, together with Mr. Berlusconi's party and
the Northern League, to the Lombard governor and parliament, as one of the
five "wise men" to whom the drafting of the new Lombardy constitution has
been entrusted.

Yet, I have never made it a secret that I cannot condone the fact that the
current leadership of Alleanza Nazionale has chosen to support positions
that are hardly defensible from H+, be they libertarian or progressive,
points of view, such as bioluddism, parasitic economic monopolies (such as
Mr. Berlusconi's on Italian TV broadcasting), pro-life militantism, teocon
extremism (see the delirious campaign for the obligatory exhibition of
catholic symbols in Italian schools), the power and salaries of Italian
unelected, unsupervised bureaucrats, and above all the "nuke-'em-all"
international relationship approach that you seem to like so much, even
though Alleanza Nazionale may now pretend to have substituted US- or Israeli
super-hawks as the object of their loyalty to Nazi Germany.

So, basically, I think it fine and dandy that transhumanism is represented
throughout the entire political spectrum, Alleanza Nazionale and Mr.
Berlusconi's party and other Italian right-wing groups obviously included.

I strongly oppose the idea, however, that by paying some lip service to
technology of immediate business or military relevance transhumanism should
be manipulated in becoming an additional recruitment operation for dubious,
partisan and minority power environments who do not even show any
appreciation of your efforts to this end and preach neo-luddite ideas much
more than the Italian left does.

Stefano Vaj