[ExI] The AGI and limiting it

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Thu Mar 6 18:40:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Richard Loosemore <rpwl at lightlink.com> wrote:

> where statements are being paraded as
>  facts when they are actually deeply implausible assertions.
>
>  So perhaps I am seeing that everywhere right now.

Welcome to my club.  <grrrr>  That we each operate within our own
model of 'reality', interpreting the world around us within contexts
only partially overlapping, should (in the moral sense) inspire us to
cooperate in creating an increasingly coherent, increasing
encompassing model, rather than determinedly defending our models as
if they were ourselves.

In this sense, vulnerability is a great strength.

- Jef