[ExI] Technical Uploading Difficulties

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Mar 8 22:47:31 UTC 2008

At 02:23 PM 3/8/2008 -0800, Lee wrote:

>The reptilian Saurians, who despite
>     being pacificists, still appear to be very cold and callous by
> human standards.
>     [Yeah, they don't understand that we're not all up to speed on
> identity, LOL!]
>
>Ooooh, I wish I'd seen that one.

Read it: Jim Kelly's famous award-winning 1995 story "Think like a
dinosaur". Used to be online somewhere, probably ASIMOV'S site.
Kelly's own site notes: "Barry Malzberg wrote me to ask if I had
intended to borrow from Algis Budrys' ROUGE MOON." (That's the famous
novel about teleporting homosexuals... oh, no, wait--it's really
1959's ROGUE MOON, aka THE DEATH MACHINE, and it's not only a
teleporter it's explicitly a duplicator. Anyone who hasn't read the
Budrys classic should run not walk.)

Damien Broderick