[ExI] Eradicating aging and mortality?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 20:58:47 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 8:13 PM, <citta437 at aol.com> wrote:

> "Editore: The Immortalist Institute by Libros en Red
> Sito dedicato all'opera
> Link per l'acquisto
> Descrizione
> Nineteen scientists, doctors and philosophers share their perspective
> on what is arguably the most significant scientific development that
> humanity has ever faced - the eradication of aging and mortality. This
> anthology is both a gentle introduction to the multitude of
> cutting-edge scientific developments, and a thoughtful,
> multidisciplinary discussion of the ethics, politics and philosophy
> behind the scientific conquest of aging.
> ___________
>
> The above anthology is rated "H" or whatever. The philosophical view of
> aging and mortality leans more to what the editor called a gentle
> introduction to cutting -edge scientific developments sounding like a
> profound thought about ethics and politics rather than a philosophy of
> science. I maybe mistaken to think what those nineteen scientists,
> doctors and philosophers have concluded since I was not present during
> their discussion.
>
> However, the scientific method of investigation has nothing to do with
> ethics or politics. Using ethics or politics to discover the laws of
> nature is incompatible with objectivity. Nature is neither ethical nor
> political.

I am not exactly sure of what is your point.

The book description is that of the publisher or reseller, the comments (if
any) are our own.

As to the "H+" rating, longevism is usually considered as a subject of
direct relevance to transhumanism, hence the rating.

Please note, btw, that inclusion does not imply any kind of endorsement of a
given book's content or ideas. In fact, we have included many works of rabid
anti-transhumanists or authors promoting rather idiosincratic or peculiar
views of the posthuman change. Even the "stars" are given on the basis of
our views on relevance, not on the merits.

Stefano Vaj