[ExI] No one dies re: Clarke, Arthur

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 04:10:38 UTC 2008

"Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:
The following is a public service announcement:
       PLEASE STOP DYING
_________________________

Arthur Clarke is a thought that lives on as memory imprinted on the
minds of those who knew him as a person. This might sound at first as a
eulogy but please bear in mind I don't know him personally or even
remotely as a science fiction writer.

All I know is that he is a thought that outlives the physical form of
energy which we all undergo like it or not.

Seriously, what does the above public announcement is saying is also a
thought for no one really dies except as a living breathing form in
transition from that assumed form of energy to a non-breathing/living
form so to speak.

Brain cells die daily but we are not our brain cells. We are thoughts.

Terry