[ExI] What Makes Us Human? {Terry}

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 10:22:29 UTC 2008

Anne wrote:
"Well, given some of the attitudes I've come across as of late, if
humans did
end up meeting intelligent aliens at any point, there would be groups
of humans
insisting that regardless of the fact that the aliens were perfectly
happy the
way they were, they ought to be coercively modified on the basis that
they
"don't know what they're missing" on account of not being human.  You
know,
because it's "compassionate" and all.  Blech.

Seriously, I fear for any alien species that doesn't appear to act and
think on
average like your standard neurotypical human -- if I knew of any such
species I
would advise them to stay the heck away from Earth if they valued their
freedom
to self-determine at all.
  - Anne-
_______________

Hi, Anne, did you watch on science channel 272 this topic on "What
makes us human?" Even though we shared some 98% of our DNA with our
cousin the apes, what makes us human is our culture, language and the
potential to brake loose the chain of genetic enslavement. It was shown
last night on cable at 9:00 p.m. thursday and again at 8:00 a.m. today,
Friday on the same channel 272.

The human race is till evolving somewhat gradually and the majority are
still unaware of their potential to evolve further without the genetic
constraint of the race. Perhaps those who have reached their potentials
are what you call enlightened or what you call their freedom to
self-determine their true potential.

Terry