[ExI] META: The Evils of HTML

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri Mar 21 10:57:56 UTC 2008

Lee writes:
> Kevin, I couldn't tell who was saying what either.  I would repeat
> the customary plea for people to not use HTML if at all possible.
> Try harder to find the settings in your email client, or in a dropdown
> menu somewhere, or on the web page from where you are posting.

I have the same problem with attributions and often just give up on posts that seem
to make no sense because of this.

> Not only that, a lot of people just skip HTML because of the
> inevitable top-posting, bottom posting, and general confusion
> attending such posts. Not only that, but it's felt that serious
> posters---people who want their ideas to be addressed seriously
> ---will take the pains to avoid HTML.

I've tried hard to use text, but I've been unable to find the setting that will show
attribution. :(  Very annoying.  SquirrelMail.

If my posts come through all messed up like those others I *hope* someone will
please let me know.  It's very hard for me to see them as others see them. ;)

Regards,
MB