[ExI] Energy are us {E=mc2}

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 14:09:11 UTC 2008

Keith writes:
"Unless a major new source of energy is brought on line in the next
few decades, there is going to be one heck of a die off, ultimately
because there are just too many people for the resources available,
particularly energy.

Of course the singularity (nanotech and AI) throws a spanner into
predicting anything out that far.  However if it fails to come
through in time, there is going to be one heck of a die off with
attendant problems for the ones who live through these times.

As some of you know, I have been working on a pre singularity
solution to the energy problems (power sats).  Unfortunately, my
efforts are not likely to accomplish much.

Keith

Hi, since energy cannot be created nor destroyed only transformed from
one form or another, why feel sad or think otherwise?

That form of energy which you think can be depleted is a thought. I
don't see any depletion of thoughts in nanotech.

Singularity in physics and mathematical language is a point which takes
an infinite value i.e. a black hole.

A black hole swallows energy and where did that energy go? If we cannot
harness that energy swallowed by a black hole, then are we in trouble?

Terry