[ExI] mb's story

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Mar 23 14:24:40 UTC 2008

spike writes:
> If you would be willing, please fill in the detail on this wonderful story.
> We don't know your name, but you are among friends here.  We like your
> posts.  Who in your family wasn't allowed to marry?  Why?  Where?  When?

It's not nearly as exciting as you want it to be, but it was the final motivation
for the move to the US. The others of course were the dream of success/freedom, and
the desire not to be conscripted into some local warlord's army.

They were of different faiths and thus could not marry where they lived. So he came
and made a bit of money and a place for himself and sent for her and she came and
they married.  One by one his brothers came over, as money allowed.

The happy couple settled their religion problem by not going to church again. I
kinda like that. Makes me feel like I'm following a family tradition - the church
part, that is. ;)

Regards,
MB