[ExI] Race Biology

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 24 15:49:59 UTC 2008

That's what I regularly put on my loan applications and such. In the US
they have government "monitoring" to ensure equal opportunity, so at the
end of such things as loan applications  there is a race and sex
section. It asks if you are male or female, and then your race. Finally
it asks if you are or are not hispanic or latino. Not sure why that
question is seperate. One can check as many boxes as apply. I encourage
my children to do the same thing at school where they ask such
questions. We all respnd to such things by marking "all of the above" -
so we're caucasian african american asian native american latinos. Of
course that may not be entirely accurate. I can't say for certain that I
have native american or asian heritage. It's more likely that my
ancestors diverged prior to the seperations that caused the distinctions
attributed to these "races". But it's also very possible that someone in
my ancestry was asian and/or native american given the number of
ancestors I have.