[ExI] "an aboriginal human from 70,000 B.C."

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 24 22:27:20 UTC 2008

kuromaku at hush.com wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:41:48 +0200 Kevin Freels
> <kevinfreels at insightbb.com> wrote:
>
>>> (knowing the infantile
>>> mentality of most military people),
>>>

>> Can you please support this statement ?
>>

> Well, to the extent I am aware of the situation,
Research helps. My guess is that you have never been in the military and
have known relatively few who have served. I recommend that in the
future when you use the SWAG method, don't treat your assumption as
common knowledge.
>  if the military
> people were not infantile, I don't think they would follow orders
> even when they come from people who have betrayed their country and
> its constitution,
So in your opinion, following orders in the military is the same as
being infantile? No other possibility? Like maybe the majority of the
military is made up of rational thinking adult human beings - some very
smart - who see their job as one of duty? Maybe they simply don't agree
that what they are doing is a betrayal. If you were talking about people
blindly following orders and killing and raping innocent human beings
like the holocaust, I would agree. But that's not what we're talking
about is it? Instead, you have an opinion of what the military should or
should not get involved in and since the military is doing something
different, you assume that they all must be intellectually inferior to
the average human being. ie ; disagreement with you = infantile
mentality. Using this logic, I must posses an infantile mind as well.
The same goes for anyone else here who has taken an issue with anything
you say. So my question is - why do you bother coming here and dealing
with our multitude of "infantile mentalities"?

> and fought wars against the interests of
> Americans (yeah, sure those wars must have been worth trillions to
> your taxpayers.. good thinking military people to do the bidding of
> your rulers instead of thinking what's good for your country..
> bloody mature of you).
The role of the military is not to make the decisions on the large scale
goals, only tactical targets to achieve the goals of the commander in
chief. This is for a specific reason. If everyone in the military just
did whatever they wanted when they wanted with no concept of authority,
then we would have total anarchy....NOT an improvement. You need to step
outside your little box and see it the way the military sees it...."I
may not agree totally, but the president was ELECTED by the people and I
am here to do the bidding of the people - not myself". Of course you
could never understand the idea of putting yourself in harms way because
you are trying to make the world a better place. We can argue all day
over whether the decisions to SEND the army are right or wrong, but the
chain of command is critical in any military if it is going to actually
accomplish anything but killing each other or turn on it's own
citizenry. I know a good many brilliant people in the military. Have you
considered that  they are just in a role that you are incapable of
understanding? Of course not. Because  you are above that.....
> I'd say they would have overthrown the
> government and used their guns to make sure politicians wouldn't be
> allowed to betray the citizens again if they were not infantile. Of
> course they would also have executed quite a few people after
> identifying some rational judges. And they would at least start
> doing something like this right now if they were maturing.

Sure, a bloodbath coup every time the military decides they don't like
the current administration. That's MUCH more mature. The more I read,
the more I think you are pulling my leg. What is the "betrayal" you keep
referring to?
> Still, I could say I do find most other people infantile whether or
> not they are in the military or not. That's why I think evolving a
> bit more (ok, a lot more) as a species (or whatever) is so important.

I agree we all have a long way to go. But to put yourself on some kind
of pedestal and believe that most people are infantile and you are one
of the elite few who aren't is kind of silly. I find it amazing that you
see yourself this way. You are no less prone to errors in judgment than
any other person out there as this post clearly indicates. If you were
really such an intellectually superior person you wouldn't spend so much
time insulting people and instead look at these things and see what you
can learn from them.