[ExI] Evil/Immorality is in the eye of the beholder.

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 18:13:30 UTC 2008

Lee: "I consider that view (Noam Chomsky's view, if I'm not mistaken)
to be merely delusional. But it can slide imperceptibly towards:

Much more serious---and the whole point---is the hatred or at least
rather bitter resentment felt by many around the world that at first
blush appears focused on annoyance at America's foreign policy,
or upon its economic "domination", or upon its "arrogance".

It is these three last things that must be discussed, but I'm out of
time at the moment."
______________

Thoughts are not evil or immoral.  If there are no minds to put the
thoughts into action/into beliefs there would be no hatred, bitter
resentment and perceptions of arrogance.

Beliefs of superiority or feelings of inferiority arise from genes and
memes. Illusions and delusions are genetic behavior which are neither
evil nor immoral. Society value what it sees to be beneficial to the
majority of it's members. Within each society  there are also
conflicting values/memes leading to confusion/entropy.

The extropian community value the idea of superintelligence to create a
utopian landscape. I like the idea of a utopia and superintelligence.
How do I contribute to the realization of this idea?

1. Financial contribution
2. Sharing constructive ideas
3. Living in awareness without expectations of happiness
4. Living up to my potential as a singularity.
5. All of the above

What a tall order.

Terry
4.