[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon May 5 13:43:52 UTC 2008

Spike:
>Having one's children taken is the worst possible thing I can imagine,
>losing contact with one's own mother is abominable, and yet nearly all of
>the victims here DID NO CRIMES!

Can't help but remind me of situations like this, from the latest ifeminist
newsletter:

--------------
Abused Afghan women often up end in jail
http://www.ifeminists.net/e107_plugins/enews/enews.php?item.9822

Trafficked across the border from Pakistan with her 3-year-old son,
Rukhma was handed to an Afghan who raped and abused her, then beat the
toddler to death as she watched helplessly. He was jailed for 20 years
for murder, but Rukhma ended up in prison too. Rukhma, who doesn't know
her age but looks younger than 20, had put up with her mistreatment for
three months last summer before seeking protection and justice from
authorities. Instead she was given a four-year sentence on Dec. 5 for
adultery and "escaping her house" in Pakistan, even though she says she
was kidnapped and raped. (04/30/08)
--------------

BTW, I recommend (strongly) this group of women: ifeminists and their
newsletter:

<http://www.ifeminists.net>http://www.ifeminists.net

It's been an eye-opening source of news for me about the US govt. march
towards the Total State  (and occasionally other governments foray into
same) during the last years.

Amara
--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado