[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Fri May 23 13:44:09 UTC 2008

> >>"The existence of the FLDS belief system as described by the
> >>department's witnesses, by itself, does not put children of
> FLDS parents >>in physical danger,", the three-judge panel said.
>
> Who would go out of there way to put children at harm?
> Can I decide who this three-judge panel will be? Do I really
> want to base my opinion on a three-judge panel?  Children
> are not FLDS.  Children are children.  They should be
> able to act like it, no?  Children should be protected at
> all cost...
>
> Just Curious.
> Anna:)

If you read the entire article you would notice that they also mentioned that there was no indication that children were used sexually prior to physical maturation (puberty). You ask if you really want to base your opinion on a 3 judge panel - well, what else would you base it on? Were you there? Do you know more than the panel? Does it really matter who they are if they have all the facts that you don't? There have been other news articles detaililng how many of the "girls" themselves turned out to be older than what they thought as well. They just "appeared" younger.

I don't think anyone here disagrees that children should be "protected" but the question is who determines what they need to be protected from? If we arbitrarily chose the age 21 as legal would you then make the same argument that 19 yr old girls being married constitutes abuse? Is a 16 year old mother such a terrible thing that it warrants ripping them away from their family at a time when t hey need the family most? That in itself is abusive and far worse to the children than just leaving them be. The worst part about this is that it serves to reinforce these people that the world around them is evil. These younger kids will remember this and use it as justification for their continued withdrawl from normal society.