[ExI] The Urge to get Personal (was Re: Superrationality)

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Wed May 7 21:50:53 UTC 2008

Jef writes

> Key to understanding this, and the "arrow of morality", is that our
> natures (and thus our subjective values) are **hugely** correlated
> like the individual leaves on a tree of increasing possibility,
> grounded through branches of increasing probability rooted in ultimate
> "reality."
>
> I hope this suffices as my response to Rafal, and (probably
> inadvisably) to our mischievous Lee Corbin.

I have no idea---and don't really want to know---why
some people seemingly cannot refrain from making
personal characterizations, or innuendo.

This particular one, above, may or may not be harmless,
who is to know?

Making comments about each other's personalities
in any negative or potentially negative way
really is beyond the pale. Note that this is quite
different from complaining about someone's use
of HTML, say, or other characteristics of their
use of the medium. Yet even these objections,
were they to drift in any way into *descriptions*
of an individual who has posted something, would
also be inappropriate.

Lee