[ExI] The Urge to get Personal (was Re: Superrationality)

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Wed May 7 22:13:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

> Jef writes

> > I hope this suffices as my response to Rafal, and (probably
> > inadvisably) to our mischievous Lee Corbin.
>
> I have no idea---and don't really want to know---why
> some people seemingly cannot refrain from making
> personal characterizations, or innuendo.
>
> This particular one, above, may or may not be harmless,
> who is to know?

I'm pretty sure, Lee, that I've never harmed you, nor am I arguing ad
hominem.  My concluding paragraph was a meta-statement about the
response I felt I owed Rafal, and an observation on my awareness of
the humorous inadvisability of engaging with your often intelligent
and interesting but characteristically polemical and gamesmanlike
posting style.

Feel free to address the substance of my post after you've recovered
from any perceived wounds due to being called mischievous.

- Jef