[ExI] Space Based Solar Power vs. Nuclear Fission

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sun May 18 18:04:10 UTC 2008

On Sunday 18 May 2008, BillK wrote:
> It is all about self-sufficiency. Don't wait for the guvmint to
> provide. If every individual home does it, who cares about the price
> of oil?

Well, yes, but there is something to be said of cooperation -- wouldn't
it be great if a bunch of people could get together and locally solve
the energy problem? They could get more work done and have more energy
accessible to them, as long as they can work together. But this only
works for sufficiently small groups. I'm thinking on the scale of 3 to
7. "The best place to store [energy] is in a friend's belly."

- Bryan