[ExI] Prudes, Protestants, Progress, and Profit

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 07:17:17 UTC 2008

From: "Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:50 AM

> Outside the West, it's noticed that we are not just
> preoccupied with hiding from sex. It strikes people
> from Asia and Africa that we tend to demean fun
> of any kind.  Our oldest traditions, e.g. our religions,
> are not only "against sex" (except under authorized
> conditions for the express purpose of procreation)
> but also seem to have something against simply having
> a good time.

This might be a little far-fetched, but 1984 came to my mind instantly.
There was the love of the party as the sole purpose for all party members.
They also avoided having fun of any kind, well they had violence to act
against the sexual urge. Yeah, most people will just frown upon such a book
but it was most interesting. Have you read it?