[ExI] Prudes, Protestants, Progress, and Profit

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Tue May 20 10:49:03 UTC 2008

> This might be a little far-fetched, but 1984 came to my mind instantly.
> There was the love of the party as the sole purpose for all party members.
> They also avoided having fun of any kind, well they had violence to act
> against the sexual urge. Yeah, most people will just frown upon such a book
> but it was most interesting. Have you read it?

When I was in grade school (*many* years ago!!) it was required reading in 8th
grade. That was in a public school in New York.  I'd never read such a thing before
in my life and was absolutely horrified.

IIRC both my children also had to read this book for school - so it has not
completely fallen out of favor. ;)

Regards,
MB