[ExI] Lack of interest

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 20 10:12:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> Moreover, this is not about (possibly unlimited) technological
> progress, is about making use of finite resources. *Terrestrial* sun
> power implies wasting large surfaces, influencing ecosystems, changing
> the earth albedo, engaging in industrial manufacturing which in turns
> has an impact on all that, etc.

You're in a very negative mood this nice sunny morning!  :)

Did you read the article I linked to?
Quote:
There is 10,000 times more sunlight than we need to meet 100 percent
of our energy needs, Kurxweil says, and the technology needed for
collecting and storing it is about to emerge as the field of solar
energy is going to advance exponentially in accordance with Kurzweil's
Law of Accelerating Returns.

All the roofs of buildings are already wasted space and in five or ten
years time the solar panel efficiency will have improved enough to
enable everyone to power their homes cheaply by painting the roof and
walls with solar cells. Even offices will probably be self sufficient
in power.

Leaving only heavy industry requiring additional power. (And that will
all be in China anyway).

BillK