[ExI] Lack of interest

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:34:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:13 PM, hkhenson wrote:
<snip>
> The amount of power you get is more or less proportional to the area the
> blades intercepting the wind.  This does not make engineering sense.

Yes, that's the theory. But he's actually doing it and selling machines.
See his FAQ at
<http://www.selsam.com/>

Q1. Doesn't the wind shadow from one rotor inhibit the next rotor from
getting wind?

A: That's definitely a factor to consider.  Our driveshaft is at an
angle from horizontal, with the nose pointing slightly downward so
that, with proper spacing, each rotor gets its own wind.  In addition,
the forward tilt of the rotors tends to direct the wind downward,
pulling more fresh wind through the machine from above...
Any slight losses of power from wind shadow effects are more than made
up for by the overwhelming combined power of a multiplicity of rotors.

I think he's trying to get the effect like a V-shaped formation of
geese all helping each other fly along.

BillK