[ExI] Lack of interest

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:49:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> I find that possible that solar will fill the gap between falling oil
> production and growing demand for the next 50 years.  But I don't see it
> being done with ground based installations.

Meaning earth-based solar? Because I thought that in principle
space-based solar power could be increased to demand for millennia and
still remain an infinitesimal fraction of the total solar energetic
output... :-///

For earth-based solar, on the contrary, I wonder how many square
meters would we be talking of in a 50 years-time, taking also into
account the energy necessary for manufacturing, deployment,
maintenance and safe disposal of the solar units.

Stefano Vaj