[ExI] Convergence08 Speaker Sign Up Lists

James Clement clementlawyer at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 23:46:02 UTC 2008

Convergence08

Join a historic convergence of leading long term organizations and thought leaders. Two days with people at the forefront of world-changing technologies that may reshape our career, body and mind - that challenge our perception of what can and should be done.

Convergence08 is an Unconference: each day starts and ends with an eye-opening debate or keynote to inspire us, and the remaining agenda is created by YOU.

Join in freewheeling discussions on topics below, or - better yet - convene your own group focused on exactly what you think is most important:

  a.. Neurotechnology
  b.. Artificial general intelligence
  c.. Synthetic biology
  d.. Human enhancement
  e.. Space tourism
  f.. Social software
  g.. Prediction markets
  h.. Nanotechnology
  i.. Smart drugs
  a.. Bioethics
  b.. Cleantech
  c.. NBIC startup tips
  d.. Reputation systems
  e.. Life extension / anti-aging
  f.. Accelerating change
  g.. Biotechnology
  h.. Open source everything
  i.. Sousveillance / privacy
Don't see your topics here? Add them to the Convergence08 Wiki! You just may get a new startup or film project crystallizing around your topic before the conference is over.

All this takes place at the Computer History Museum in the heart of Silicon Valley - where new technological revolutions grow like weeds. Come help plant the next one!

Our website is officially up at www.convergence08.org.

We have a companion wiki site, at http://convergence08.pbwiki.com/ where you can volunteer to help out at the event or sign up to discuss a topic:  http://convergence08.pbwiki.com/Speaker-Sign-Up
TO ADD YOUR TOPIC TO THIS LIST click on "[edit]" at the upper right of this page, or email James Clement. We really do encourage everyone attending to speak or lead a discussion on a topic of interest. All you need is a session title, your name, a link to your bio or website, and perhaps a picture of you.

Right before the event we'll put up a time-slot sign up list at the Computer History Museum. Time-slots will be based on a 50-minute turnover per room. You can sign up for more than one time slot, back-to-back, or at different times during the day on different subjects.

Audio/Video equipment: Rather than relying on us to provide audio/video equipment, please bring your own! Please ensure you have what you need to make your presentation.

We encourage you to talk about new, interesting ideas percolating in your head, projects you are involved in or thinking of starting, or other topics that would interest our savvy audience. If you are unsure about your subject matter, please feel free to run the idea by co-organizer James Clement